When something happens to alter the family structure, like a separation, it can affect every aspect of your life. This is true whether you are in a married, in a relationship with minor children or otherwise.
The field of marital and family law includes divorce, child visitation/parenting time, child support, alimony, post dissolution matters, temporary support issues, mediation, collaborative law, and paternity issues. At the Clearwater law firm of Trask Metz & Daigneault LLP, our dedicated family lawyer can help ease your burden by guiding you through the legal process step by step, explaining and answering your questions along the way.
We handle amicable family law matters including—
- Uncontested Divorce — Where both spouses agree to all the terms involving property, children and support issues.
- Collaborative Divorce — Where the parties agree to involve a team of mental health professionals, financial planners and attorney advocates to help them negotiate their divorce and avoid going to court.
- Divorce Mediation — Where an attorney acts as a third-party facilitator during negotiations with you and your attorney present in an effort to avoid litigation.
- Reconciliation — Where spouses, after separation, decide to reconcile and preserve their marriage.
When you speak with a member of our legal team, we listen without judgment and all conversations are confidential—no question or concern is too small.
Whether you are seeking to end your marriage, add to your family, or protect yourself from domestic violence, protecting your interests is always our priority. We are not intimidated by the scare tactics often employed by opposing counsel. While we strive for peaceful resolutions to legal challenges, when one cannot be found we fight aggressively on your behalf.
If an amicable resolution cannot be had, we are a litigation firm that will fight on your behalf in areas including:
Helpful Florida family law links
- Florida Bar Family Law Section
- Florida Child Support Enforcement
- Florida Child Support Services
- Florida Child Support Calculator
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Florida Domestic Relations Statutes
- Office of the Attorney General of Florida
- Florida Bar Association
- Florida Court System
- Florida Supreme Court
- Florida County Courts and Information
- Florida District Courts
- Florida State Courts
- Florida Vital Records
Contact us today
To schedule a consultation, contact us online or call us at 727.733.0494. We look forward to discussing your case.